Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Of Course It's Never As Easy As It Seems

Most others, when they change their eating habits, especially in drastic form, see dramatic wieght loss, and improvement.  I will not lament the lack of dramatic weight loss, because I continue to feel improvement, but I am getting older, so I am trying to pay attention to creaks and pains, that indicate upcoming debilitating problems in joints or muscles.
 
For the most part, my weight remains at 222 - 224, and my exercise remains level at about 4 days a week, I know I need to pick that up, I have started using my minitrampoline when I cannot drag myself out of bed early enough to go to the gym by 5:30 or 6:00am. I have been told by several that the minitrampoline is every bit as good an aerobic and/or fat-burning exercise as a tereadmill or cross-trainer.
 
I am inclined to agree after how sore I am, especially my feet, which have never used so many muscles in any other exercise before.
 
So I am now eating mostly fruit each day and reading Dr. Graham's book, The 80/10/10 Diet to find more about how I can avoid the tempting smells of high fat foods cooking around me.
 
I am about halfway through the book and have learned a lot about my body and how it works.  More later.

No comments: