Saturday, May 31, 2008

So Many Things To Undo

What is fun about this self realization I am going through, this re-sculpting of my life, one pound at a time, is that we sometimes get in a hurry because they can come on in a hurry, these pesky pounds. But the truth about losing weight, is that it is a process of retraining the body, and replacing old habits with new good ones.

Isagenix did something important for me that I have not been able to do on my own, in many years of trying. The habits are hard to break, much less replace if the cravings remain, and one thing that I have noticed, is since I have been cleansing and nourishing my body, the cravings my body had for such things as soda pop, and sugar in general have ceased, and even fast food, ( not sure that is a real craving, ) but I find myself no longer tempted to pull in and get a greasy burger when I am hungry like I used to, but am content to wait until I get home for a shake or a salad, depending on what is in store for me.

My body is able to do more exercise now, than a year ago, and tolerates the process more than it has for a long time. It recovers faster during exercise and from injuries, such as the bruises I got from aggressive racquetball the other day.

I have finally broken down below 220, last weigh in being 219.2 and I believe I am on my way down faster. I have been eating some wrong foods, as they are constantly before me, but more out of convenience and never too much any more. Like literally a small plate of cheese and crackers or 1 slice of pizza. I will continue to update and make them more frequent, but the progress is coming along.



No comments: